For I am convinced that NOTHING can EVER separate us from God’s love. Neither death, life, angels, demons, fears for today, worries about tomorrow or powers of hell CAN SEPARATE us from God’s love! No power in the sky above or earth below, nothing in creation will EVER be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 NLT
I have read these verses hundreds of times and yet today I had to question myself.
Before I can contemplate anything separating me from His love, do I believe and receive that he truly loves me unconditionally? Because this verse holds no meaning if I can’t accept and confess God’s love towards me first. Why would I care that nothing could separate me from a love I don’t believe in?
I do know that God loves me but am I convinced that NOTHING could separate me from His love?
· Know without a shadow of doubt,
· Am confident,
· Completely sure,
· And certain
that NOTHING can separate me from God’s love?
· Neither Death– It can’t because when I die I will spend eternity with Him.
· Nor Life– Yes, it gets messy and I sin and waver in faith but NOTHING in life can separate me from God’s love.
· Nor Angels– do not stand in the way of His love for me.
· Nor Demons– cannot destroy, kill or steal His love for me.
· Nor Fears for today – my worries, concerns and struggles going on today cannot stand in the way of His love for me.
· Nor Worries about tomorrow – facing issues with my health, finances, retirement, and getting older can stand in the way of His love.
· Nor Powers of hell – the enemy is constantly on the prowl, waiting to pounce and do harm, but he has no power to thwart, ruin or diminish God’s love for me.
NONE of these things can separate me from God’s love!
I find it interesting this list entails everything that affects me internally. Fear, worries, concerns, thoughts, lies I believe, questions, or circumstances that invade my mind.
But to remove any hint of doubt of his commitment to loving me, God also completely encompasses everything outwardly by going on to say in verse 39:
· Nor earth below–
· Nothing in creation-
-will EVER be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Everything I would need to receive, believe and live abundantly loved is all wrapped up in Jesus. Twice I am told that NOTHING WILL EVER, ever, separate me from His love.
I am confident I am well loved… and so are you my friend…..